Ensure your workplace appliances are safe and compliant
What type of appliances need to be tested?
Any electrical equipment that is connected to the electrical supply by a flexible cord and/or connecting devices such as Machinery, Tools, Office Equipment, Kitchen Appliances etc;
- In use for the first time
- Already in use
- Has recently been serviced or repaired
- Returning to service from a second-hand sale
How often should testing be undertaken?
- Any new untagged or out of date tagged appliance before use in any workplace
- Demolition and Construction environments: 3 monthly
- Factories, Workshops, Places of Manufacture, Assembly, Maintenance or Fabrication: 6 monthly
- Hire Equipment: Inspection – prior to hire, Test and Tag: 3 monthly
- Commercial Cleaning Equipment: 6 monthly
- Schools: depending on activity: 1 or 2 yearly
- Hotels, Motels, Halls, Hostel Accommodation, Boarding Houses, Residential Institutions: 2 yearly
- Office Equipment: 1 yearly – if with closed in cord protection: 5 yearly
- Kitchen Appliances: 1 yearly
What do you need to do to comply?
RED Electrical offers a comprehensive test and tagging service to confirm your appliances are safe to use. Upon completion of mandatory tests, the collated data will be digitally reported with bring-up for the next due test date, plus bar coded for efficiency in future testing.
We use the MELTRA Delta Portable Appliance Tester to ensure our Tags meet the requirements of NZS 3760 – Regulation 26, Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010. By using our services you will have the peace of mind your electrical appliances meet the required safety standard.